Sunday, October 4, 2009

Micah---- Our Miracle Baby

I always thought trying to get pregnant meant going off the pill. After all, most people I knew either "weren't really trying" or not trying at all when they got pregnant. When Sam and I got married in 2004, we weren't actually "trying" but we weren't "not trying" either. A year went by and I was honestly surprised I wasn't pregnant yet. Once I realized the baby thing wasn't as easy as it seemed, I started to research online and read books. I was introduced to the world of infertility complete with basal temperature readings and charts. I started tracking my temperature and tried to time the baby dance perfectly. Still no baby; in fact, I was was so heart broken that I started an antidepressant. We started seeing an infertility doctor who scheduled a lot of tests. Sam was fine. My blood work indicated I was ovulating. I didn't have a thyroid disorder. I had the HSG test and my "pipes" were open. I fell into the large group of women with unexplained infertility. Our next step was to have an IUI (Intra-uterine insemination), but once I realized how intense it was, I decided I needed a break from baby making. Four months later I was pregnant. We were so surprised to get a positive pregnancy test that I took three of them! We went on to have a healthy baby boy in February of 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the nature of this blog, all comments are reviewed before posting. Please let me know if you would like your comment to remain private.