Saturday, October 3, 2009

Introduction

Motherhood has not been an easy journey for me. I struggled with infertility for 2 1/2 years and then went on to have a healthy baby boy in 2007. Since then, I have had three miscarriages. My last loss was at 18 weeks--- five days after we had the a perfect ultrasound and found out we were having a baby girl. Even though people are more open to talking about miscarriage than they once were, I have still found it to be awkward to be completely honest. My last loss was in April, yet I am still grieving and trying to heal. I think most people expect me to be "over it," but I'm not. We are currently "trying" again, which can be a painful process. I created this blog as therapy to help me deal with my pregnancy losses and to help others who may be going through the same thing.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for all of your losses. I am also struggling with recurring miscarriages; and mine are all unexplained losses. As much as I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy, I take comfort in knowing that I am not alone and that my feelings are valid. I am sorry you have to go through this, too.

    ~Em
    emiwantsababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Due to the nature of this blog, all comments are reviewed before posting. Please let me know if you would like your comment to remain private.