Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Grueling Two Week Wait

In general, I am not a patient person. My son is able to bring out patience in me. When he was an infant, he cried constantly, but I didn't care. When he was one, I was still getting up two or three times a night to nurse him. Now that he's a toddler, he pushes the limits constantly, yet I don't mind. So when it comes to my son, I am extremely patient. When it comes to trying to conceive, I am not. The process of waiting is absolutely unbearable for me. I am usually fine up until the "two week wait" as those of us trying to conceive affectionately call the time between ovulation and when we expect aunt flo. I am in the last few days of my two week wait. A week ago, I could have sworn I was experiencing pregnancy symptoms. I have taken three pregnancy tests since then (don't worry, they were all from the dollar store so I'm only out 3 bucks at this point). Each one was a BIG FAT NEGATIVE. I am planning take another one in the morning. I am nervous because I should technically wait until Saturday. I am so scared of losing another baby that I feel compelled to test on a Friday when I can go in to see the doctor if by some miracle I get a big fat positive. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my waiting is almost over.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you get a BFP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jess, I came over from the TTC 2nd/3rd trimester board. *hugs* I am in the 2ww right now...just started. I was reading some of your story and found some commonalities....we both have a first trimester loss and a second trimester loss about the same point in the pregnancy. The big commonality...blood clotting disorder. *hugs* Feel free to pop over to my blog if you would like. I'll be visiting you from time to time if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the nature of this blog, all comments are reviewed before posting. Please let me know if you would like your comment to remain private.