Monday, November 9, 2009

And So the Cycle Continues

The two week wait is over, but not in the way I would have liked. Aunt Flo paid me a visit today. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach this cycle. There's so much information out there that I am trying to process everything without going overboard. I am reminded of high school science class when the teacher explains how important it is to only have one independent variable. I guess that's the problem right now--- there just seem to be so many variables in trying to conceive. I started baby aspirin to hopefully ward off any clots until I am able to see the doctor to start my heparin shots. Then I read that aspirin may interfere with conception. To take aspirin or not to take aspirin, that is one of the many questions. Then there's the whole charting thing. It drove me crazy when I was trying to conceive with my son, but I'm considering starting it again just to make sure the ovulation predictor kits are working right. I'm trying not to stress or obsess too much about the whole thing, but it is hard when you want something this bad.

4 comments:

  1. My doctor actually told me to start the baby aspirin a few days after ovulation (at the same time as the Progesterone.) I have been told by a couple of doctors that it can interfere with ovulation and implantation, so you shouldn't take it your whole cycle. (Your blood clots shouldn't be starting before implantation anyway, I don't think.)

    Good luck with whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I am sorry to hear that AF paid you a visit. Where did you read that the aspirin causes an issue with conception? I am interested in that since I am on it now due to a blood clotting disorder. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh. I hate AF. Sorry. Better luck next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being in the midst of the two week wait I fully relate to the numerous emotions you are feeling. It's so hard to be patient when you want something so bad. Sending lotts of baby dust your way and may December be your magical moment.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the nature of this blog, all comments are reviewed before posting. Please let me know if you would like your comment to remain private.