Sunday, October 4, 2009

My First Loss---- August 2008

After trying for so long with Micah, I did not expect to get pregnant easily with my next child. Imagine my surprise when I found out I was pregnant while taking the pill! While it was a little sooner than we had planned, we were excited. We didn't think anything of announcing our good news to anyone and everyone. We even received gifts for our new baby from family. Gifts that are still hanging in the closet waiting. It wasn't until our first ultrasound that I realized something may go wrong. By my calculations I should have been 9 weeks, but I was only measuring 6 weeks. The baby didn't have a heartbeat, but my doctor assured me that it just may be too soon to see it. We scheduled a follow-up ultrasound for the next week. Five days later I started spotting. When I went in for an emergency appointment, the doctor said I was probably miscarrying, but I would have to wait until my ultrasound to be sure. By the time I had the ultrasound two days later, I had already lost the baby. Because the miscarriage was "incomplete" I had a D&C. Even though we weren't trying to conceive, the loss left a hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to the nature of this blog, all comments are reviewed before posting. Please let me know if you would like your comment to remain private.